Therapeutic skin and body treatments are an essential element of overall health. Developed in coordination with internal health and beauty experts, our tailored beauty and body programs including massages and body wraps, provide the ultimate experience. You have waited long enough to restore your body to its natural balance, help us lead you on this journey. Whether you are an avid spa-goer or have never experienced a spa treatment, our intuitive spa therapists will leave you feeling relaxed and cleansed. Each treatment is highlighted by a natural plant, sea extracts and aromatic restorative essential oils. If being deliciously pampered is high on your list of things to do, book a spa treatment with us, you will love your experience at Madinat Al Bahr, Zanzibar.
A unique rooftop spa with outdoor massage beds and Jacuzzis overlooking the sparkling waters of the Indian Ocean.The spa specializes and offers amazing massage options such as hot stone, anti-cellulite, Thai full body etc. by trained therapists using aromatic local oils to leaving the guest totally relaxed, centered and with feeling of complete well-being. The spa also specializes in facial and skin repair treatments leaving the texture of your skin fresh and luminous.
Located on the 2nd floor, this spa provides an extensive range of hair and body massages. It also includes facial threads, nail art, waxing. The Mayflower also provides skin therapy and treatment using sophisticated modern equipment. The spa services go further to provide most of the popular massage options, body scrubs and wrap treatments under stunning ambience.
Our Services Includes :
- * Spa Treatments
- * Facials & Skincare
- * Hand & Foot Treatment
- * Body Glow Scrubs & Wraps
- * Beautifying Waxing Services
Opening Hours: 8.30 to 10.00 PM Daily
GYM & POOL
Staying fit on the go is a breeze when you’re at Madinat Al Bahr, Zanzibar. Being away on work or leisure does not mean you need to break away from your health and fitness routine. Start your day with a fitness routine. So, whether you like to sweat it out in a gym or take a plunge in the pool, we take you a step closer to your adrenaline rush. Our state-of-the-art gymnasium, swimming pool, and highly skilled trainers help you with your wellness goals.
For those who like to spend their hours at a gym, walk into the Fitness Centre located at the upper lobby level. The gym offers hi-tech equipment and changing facilities.. The Fitness Centre also provides interactive exercise workouts for improved aerobic endurance, general body toning and mindfulness. It is the perfect place for relaxation, to recharge your energies after a long flight, hectic day at work or a simply tiring shopping trip in the city.
YOGA Classes – Opening Soon
FUN IN THE SUN
Take a dip in the hotel’s grand state at the art outdoor pools to suit all ages. Relax over a cool drink in the pool bar located within the Pool. Visit Karibu Cafe adjoining the pool to enjoy sumptuous snacks, juices and ice-creams to revitalize and temptation for a second dip.
Al QAMAR SUN SET LOUNGE
This place turns out to be a must visit in the evening hours. Watching the sunset around good food is on everyone’s wish list.
NIGHTS AT MADINAT
Embraced by lush landscaped gardens and dancing palms, Madinat al Bahr, the resort hotel overlooks some of the finest sand banks and enchanting islands visible over the local fisherman canoes and the twinkles of the bobbling lanterns of the fishermen on canoes at night.
BEACH AND WATER SPORTS
Madinat al Bahr adjoins one of the least crowded and long white swimmable sandy beaches hugging the crystal-clear water of the Indian Ocean and lush green patches of the mangroves. A part of the beach has been elevated to create a small white sand filled private beach exclusively for our guests to enjoy some private time together. Some of the water sports like fishing and tours to nearby sand banks and islands can be arranged on request and will be governed by a professional operator.
Some of the water sports like fishing and tours to nearby sand banks and islands can be arranged on request and will be governed by a professional operator.
* Stone town - Stone Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site , the city of prominent historical and artistic importance in East Africa. Its architecture, mostly dating back to the 19th century, reflects the diverse influences underlying the Swahili culture, giving a unique mixture of Arab, Persian, Indian and European elements. Distance from Madinat – 7.k.m
* Spice Tour - During the tour you will get to discover the interesting and assorted range of spices and fruits that grow here. You will also be given the opportunity to taste several delicious tropical fruits. Being able to learn and see the various herbs, spices and rare species of plants that grow in Zanzibar. . Distance from Madinat – 11 .k.m
* Prison Island – The Prison of this island was build in 1893 which was later used as quarantine hospital . Spectacular part of this island to see the white sand beach & giant turtles that were brought on this Island, Distance from Madinat – 8 .k.m
* Safari Blue - Its an full day excursion and includes snorkeling , a place called fumba 15 k.n from Madinat , A boat trip allow you to see Dolphins & natural environment of sandbanks, coral reefs & menai bay.
* Zanzibar Fishing - Deep sea fishing boat in the Indian ocean are ready to take you fishing. Experience you will never forget.
* Sand beaches at Nungwe/paje/jambiani – World popular white sand beaches . distance from madinat – 55 / 40 k.m
* Safaris to Tanzania – Ngorongoro , Serengeti National Park , Selous Game Reserve, Lake Manyara National Park
* Luxury Transfers in Zanzibar by Rolls Royce, Prado , Hammer , Mercedes